White chocolate does not contain cocoa powder, but the cocoa butter content is not less than 20%. The content of dairy products and powdered sugar is relatively large, and the sweetness is high.
In the production process, some factories do not use cocoa butter, but will use “cocoa butter substitutes” instead of cocoa butter. Here is how to make white chocolate without cocoa butter.
White Chocolate Substitute Recipe
Cocoa butter, sugar, lactose, whey powder, skimmed milk powder, whole milk powder, soy lecithin, vanillin.
- Cocoa Butter Substitute: It is a substitute for natural cocoa butter, with low price and abundant resources. Its physical properties are close to cocoa butter, and there is no need to adjust the temperature during the chocolate manufacturing process, which simplifies the process.
- Sugar: In chocolate and its products, it mainly plays two major roles in stabilizing the matrix and adjusting the flavor.
- Whey powder, skimmed milk powder, and whole milk powder are collectively called milk solids, which play a role as fillers in chocolate manufacturing. It mainly endows chocolate with delicate structure and beautiful aroma.
- Soybean phospholipid is a surface active agent, which effectively reduces the interfacial tension of the chocolate material. Thereby effectively reducing the viscosity of the chocolate material, enhancing its rheology, and facilitating the chocolate manufacturing process.
- Vanillin is a flavoring material, which not only does not damage the original flavor characteristics of chocolate, but also plays a role of set off, perfection and fullness in chocolate. Also commonly used is maltol.
How to Make White Chocolate Without Cocoa Butter?
- The cocoa butter substitute is completely melted and transparent at 50-55℃
- Turn on the electric heating and heat the chocolate conche to 45-50°C.
Then put in the melted cocoa butter and fuse.
- Put the sugar, lactose, whey powder, skimmed milk powder, and whole milk powder into the refiner, dissolve and refine.
- After the raw materials are evenly mixed, the blade can be tightened. According to the grinding requirements, it is best to divide into multiple tight grids.
- Generally, add an appropriate amount of lecithin and vanillin two hours before discharging.
- The fineness of the material should reach 22-25μm. Refining time is generally 16-22h.
- Attract iron with a magnet of 10000 Gauss and stir for 1 hour.
- Filter, 80 mesh.
- Use a holding tank to keep the chocolate sauce at a constant temperature of 42°C.
- Start pouring at 42°C. The mold temperature is maintained at 24-27°C.
- Vibration and cooling: temperature change 10-5-15℃.
- Demoulding: get chocolate.
- Screening, weighing, packaging, labeling.